Bandai Namco revealed Pac-Man 99 tonight. It will be available on April 7 from 6 p.m. Peaceful. And unlike Super Mario 35, it doesn’t appear to have an expiration date. The name is similar to Tetris 99, another Switch battle royale game based on a beloved gaming brand.
As the name suggests, 99 players each enter a Pac-Man maze and play until one remains standing. While the game is free with a Nintendo Switch Online membership, you can purchase themes based on other Namco arcade classics like Galaga and Dig Dug.
Bandai Namco already experienced a Pac-Man battle royale last year with the Pac-Man Mega Tunnel Battle, which supported 64 players. It was also on Stadiums. I imagine this Switch game will have a little more interest.
GamesBeat’s credo when covering the gaming industry is “where passion meets business”. What does it mean? We want to tell you how much news matters to you – not only as a decision maker in a game studio, but also as a game fan. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn more about the industry and engage with it.
How will you do this? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Members-only interviews, discussions and open office events with GamesBeat staff
- Chat with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Presentations at like-minded parties